The gospel at work in Scripture, sermon, and song
The gospel (or good news) is not just information about what Jesus did to save sinners. It is also the power God uses work faith in our hearts and transform our lives. Therefore, Lutheran worship places the gospel in central focus in an order of service called the liturgy. In the message and meal (Holy Communion), in specially selected Scripture readings, and in carefully crafted songs, prayers, and creeds, the liturgy proclaims the good news about Jesus from start to finish.
At Good News we strive for worship that is...
- more celebration than party.
- more accessible than simplistic.
- more profound than complicated.
- more worthwhile than convenient.
- more timeless than traditional.
- more diverse than contemporary.
- more crucial than casual.
Come join us. Don't stress about what to wear or how to act. Come just as you are. We will work hard to make sure you feel welcome. But we will also tell it like it is - helping you come face to face with your living and loving God.
Sometimes parents (and even churches) can think that church is not a place for children. At Good News, we're convinced that nothing could be further from the truth. We want children in church worshiping with their families and learning about Jesus' love.
- Even from the earliest of ages, children are models of faith that all of us can learn from (Luke 18:16,17).
- Our worship format not only encourages families to be together, but is ideally suited for active engagement and participation by all, including children.
- The sights and sounds of active children within our congregation are a great joy to us and evidence that God is blessing our future even now.
We realize that, especially at first, having children in church can be a challenge for parents. To help, we offer the following:
- A children's devotion tailored specifically to help your kids learn about God.
- A nursery where parents can take restless children if needed.
- Other moms who are willing and ready to help if needed.
- Children's activity sheets that kids can work on during the service.